Q: Non-isotopic hyb. kits w/G+C-rich sequences

Steven Goldberg goldbers at bms.com
Tue Feb 2 15:30:20 EST 1999

I would like to find a non-isotopic hybridization kit that can be used
with high (65-75%) genomes.  I generally like the ECL Direct of ECL Alk.
Phos kits from Amersham, but I get unacceptable non-specific hybridization
(especially on colony blots) when the target is G+C-rich.  This is
probably due to the low temperatures needed for hybridization and
washing.  Has anyone found an alternative that works?  The simpler the
protocol, the better, obviously.  What about the North2South kit from
Pierce?

Thanks for you insights.

Steve