sucralfate... whats it do and how to dissolve?

Eugene Hone eugeneh at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 3 03:03:37 EST 1999

Hi,

I was just going through a protocol for harvesting conditioned media from
cell cultures and the protocol apparently needs sucralfate as part of the
goodies which stop degredation products forming. Its a white, fine powder
and not much useful info (ie.molecular mass for instance...) is written on
the bottle. I was wondering what it does and also how to dissolve it?

I have tried dissolving it in DMEM, Beta Mercaptoethanol,
distilled & deionized water, and tried altering pH. This stuff still wont
dissolve.

Thanks in advance