Methods-Book Recomendations

Shiao Wang Shiao.Wang at
Thu Feb 4 18:34:01 EST 1999

Robert Hartley wrote:

> I have copies of Sambrook Molcular cloning 1989, Methods in enzymology
> 1987 Moleculat cloning. Celis Cell biology 1998(Not too molecular).
> Is there a more up to date Molecular-Methods manual/books that anyone can
> recomend buying?

I noticed recently that Cold Spring Laboratory Press ( has
published a new series edited by Birren et al.

Vol 1, Analyzing DNA: A Laboratory Manual (1997)
Vol 2, Detecting Genes: A Laboratory Manual (1998)
Vol 3, Cloning Systems: A Laboratory Manual (due Nov 1998)
Vol 4. Mapping Genomes: A Laboratory Manual (due Dec 1998)

How does this series compare to Current Protocols

Shiao Y. Wang
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Southern Mississippi