ABI sequencing

Penny M Avoles avoles at PRAIRIE.NODAK.EDU
Sun Feb 7 15:02:14 EST 1999


Hi Mart
	I had the same problem with the BigDye termination kit.  I would
only get runs of about 200 bp with many N's.  I finally tried the
amplification conditions I use to check for the presence of the insert in
a plasmid.  It worked!  I got a read of over 900 bp.  I haven't repeated
the experiment with other plasmids but you may want to try this.  I used
50 ng of DNA and 1 uM of T7, then followed the conditions and
amplification cycles that were recommended by the PE protocal.
Good luck
Penny




More information about the Methods mailing list