Protein mini-gel set and power supply

D. KIM dkim at NMSU.Edu
Mon Feb 8 06:17:11 EST 1999

I am very partial to the Hoefer rigs.  The Tall Mighty Small unit  (SE280)
is easy to set up and uses the top buffer chamber as a heat sink for even
bands.  The notched back plate, made of alumina, has good heat
conductivity.

In addition, the SE280 can be used for DNA sequencing; similar to the
Novex mini DNA sequencing rig.

Finally, if your budget is very tight, you could examine the construction
of the SE280 and fabricate a similar unit, using materials available in
your local hardware store.

Daniel Kim

p.s.  I do not know a source of a cheap power supply.