PCR inhibition with bad lot alpha 32P dCTP

Cres Bookstein cbookste at MEDICINE.BSD.UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Feb 8 15:13:32 EST 1999

We had a similar problem using 32P-UTP from Amersham.  It took a number of
experiments to narrow suspicion to the radioactive nucleotides.  We proved
it (to ourselves) by using a batch from NEN.  Then we tried to convince
Amersham.  After many phone calls, faxing copies of the control gels, etc.
and finally letters, they reluctantly agreed to the "possibility" and gave
us credit.  Needless to say, we are more inclined to use NEN.  It can
happen in any company.   It was just the way they handled the complaint
that was so irritating.

Cres

Crescence Bookstein, Ph.D.
Research Associate/Assistant Professor