GC tailing

Malay curiouser at ccmb.ap.nic.in
Tue Feb 9 13:35:09 EST 1999

Dear Peter:

GC tailing is a method where you use terminal transferase to add series of
"G" to the end of a DNA(may be a cDNA) first, a process called G-tailing.
Then you amplify the the G-tailed DNA by PCR with an internal specific
primer and a "C" primer containing, series of Cs and also a specific
restriction site.

In your case the cDNA was amplified with primers containing PstI site

Malay
curiouser at ccmb.ap.nic.in