Which pipettes do you recommend?

Annette C. Hollmann ah690549 at bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Feb 9 07:52:15 EST 1999

In article <36C01B69.4860DBC3 at charite.de> Anke Wichert <anke.wichert at charite.de> writes:
>Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.

>Dear Netters,
>
>Our lab is going to buy a score of new pipettes (0.5 to 1000 ul). Till
>now, we have been using Eppendorf pipettes, so our new ones have to fit
>the Eppendorf tips. Of course, we would prefer a less expensive model
>than our old ones. So I would like to ask for your experiences with
>Eppendorf or other pipettes in the mentioned range.

We use Gilson Pipetman. They are accurate and durable. The oval barrel
fits smaller hands. People with larger hands tend to prefer newer
models with round barrels.

Don't get Finnpipette - they are not as accurate, and although they are
supposed to fit standard tips, if you're using filtertips it won't work.
They are also much harder on your hands.

Annette