Which pipettes do you recommend?

Tue Feb 9 11:03:30 EST 1999

In article <36C01B69.4860DBC3 at charite.de>, Anke Wichert <anke.wichert at charite.de> wrote:
:
:Our lab is going to buy a score of new pipettes (0.5 to 1000 ul). Till
:now, we have been using Eppendorf pipettes, so our new ones have to fit
:the Eppendorf tips. Of course, we would prefer a less expensive model
:than our old ones. So I would like to ask for your experiences with
:Eppendorf or other pipettes in the mentioned range.

You can't save on pipets. Either buy Eppendorf or Gilson/Rainin.
These two are, IMHO, the only reasonable choice. Most expensive but
durable and accurate. Everything else is either cjeap plastic and/or falls
apart in less than a year.

        My $0.02.

        - Dima