Protein Minigel & Power supply

Daniel Kim dkim at nmsu.edu
Thu Feb 11 10:35:15 EST 1999

In article <tbelbin-0402992022300001 at cyanolab.bioc.mun.ca>,
  tbelbin at morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Tom Belbin) wrote:
> In article <199902042210.RAA16292 at sirocco.cc.mcgill.ca>,
> khuang at MEAKINS.Lan.McGill.CA wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anybody out there know the companies sale some kind of cheap and
> > reliable protein mine-gel set and power supply?
> >
> > Many thanks!
> >
> > Kexue

(My apologies if I have the quotation wrong)

There is a small company that sells a really, really small power supply.  it can do 50 or 100 V  constant only, and is not able to regulate current (but has a 1 Amp fuse).  The supply costs $45.00, which is sufficiently low that these could be purchased for students to use in a teaching lab.

The owner once posted here instructions how to construct a cheap agarose gel rig using pencils as electrodes.

The URL is   http://www.hifax.com

Check out his other products, which are also very inexpensive.

Daniel Kim

P.S.  I have run a mini-SDS-PAGE rig with this power supply.  While the run was slower than I am used to, it went just fine.   - DK