Which pipettes do you recommend?

Andy Law Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Feb 11 04:56:57 EST 1999

In article <79pm73$dsi$1 at news.doit.wisc.edu>,
klenchin at facstaff.REMOVE_TO_REPLY.wisc.edu (Dima Klenchin) wrote:

 >  You can't save on pipets. Either buy Eppendorf or Gilson/Rainin.
 >  These two are, IMHO, the only reasonable choice. Most expensive but
 >  durable and accurate. Everything else is either cjeap plastic and/or falls
 >  apart in less than a year.

Although it has been a long time since I was actually working in the lab, I
would add Socorex to the list of reasonable choices. Unfortunately, they
don't all fit the standard Gilson tips (although tips for them are easy
enough to come by and don't cost the earth), so that may well preclude them
for you.

They feel good in the hand, and adjusting them is an absolute delight.

Andy Law