E. coli TG1

Jim D. jdeleha at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Sun Feb 14 16:02:45 EST 1999

Hello all,
Does anyone have prior experience with E. coli TG1 cells and their potential
to recombine introduced plasmids? We're working with a phage display system
and our vector/insert seems to be getting rearranged and recombined in these
cells. They are RecA+ which could explain it.

Does anyone know of a RecA- strain of TG1 or another E. coli strain that is
both RecA- and supE (codes for a suppressor tRNA) so it can allow
readthrough of an amber stop codon on our construct.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jim Delehanty