flat bed scanning/image analysis?

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Feb 16 10:05:56 EST 1999

Hi Maggie,

If you don't use a transparence adaptor, the light will have to pass
twice the film. Interestingly, in my experience, this produced better
images from xray films than than using the adaptor.

You're using a HP scanner, so I assume you have a PC. There's a free
PC version of NIH image named Scion Image.

You should find more infos at:

http://www.scioncorp.com

another maybe interesting imaging application is ImageTool fri=F3m
Texas University

http://ddsdx.uthscsa.edu/dig/itdesc.html

You may also visit

http://ddsdx.uthscsa.edu/dig/sites.html

there's a list of other image analyzing tools.

Enjoy!

Wolfgang

-----
usual disclaimers apply * This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
Pathobiochemistry Dept.
University of Tuebingen, Germany