flat bed scanning/image analysis?

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Feb 16 10:05:56 EST 1999

Hi Maggie,

If you don't use a transparence adaptor, the light will have to pass
twice the film. Interestingly, in my experience, this produced better
images from xray films than than using the adaptor.

You're using a HP scanner, so I assume you have a PC. There's a free
PC version of NIH image named Scion Image.

You should find more infos at:

another maybe interesting imaging application is ImageTool fri=F3m
Texas University

You may also visit

there's a list of other image analyzing tools.

usual disclaimers apply * This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
Wolfgang Schechinger
Pathobiochemistry Dept.
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de * wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tueb=