Creating T-cloning vector

Dr Antony Halsall halsalla at cf.ac.uk
Thu Feb 18 12:27:09 EST 1999

Hi

I am trying to produce a T-cloning vector for the direct ligation of a
PCR product into a reporter plasmid (pGL3-basic). I know it is possible
to create the necessary 3' T overhangs by incorporating two adjacent
restriction sites for either HphI, AspEI or XcmI, however all these
enzymes will cut pGL3-basic. So my question is does anyone know of
another enzyme that will allow the creation of 2 3' T overhangs or a
method for cutting at a site present in the pGL3-basic and filling in to
create the appropriate overhang?

Thanks in advance

Dr A. Halsall
Dept. Psychological Medicine