Quik

Ahmet Arman aa374885 at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Fri Feb 19 22:30:24 EST 1999

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Valeri Krougliak wrote:

> Hi netters,
> I am going to analyse several hundred clones of mammalian cells that are
> currently growing in 96 well plates. Can anybody recommend me a simple
> procedure of in-well cell lysis that would yield PCR-quality DNA without
> removal of samples from wells and without purification steps.
> Thanx in advance.
> Valeri

I screened my clones of mammalian cells growing in 96 well-plates using
PCR. I removed media from wells and I added 100-200 microliter of PCR
buffer containing proteinase K. Wrap 96 well-plates (in order to avoid
evaporation and water contamination) and icubate them at
55C for overnight. Use for 5-10 microliter of lysis cells for template for
PCR.

Good luck
Ahmet Arman