Northern Stringency

Narayanan Karthikeyan karthi at CCVAX.SINICA.EDU.TW
Fri Feb 19 14:13:39 EST 1999

Dear all:
I am having trouble with my Northern recently. One of my probe which is
less than 50bp (picked up from differential display) worked fine for 2
or 3 times but it failed to give good signal recently. I followed the
same conditions as I used to. My other Northerns were working fine. I
get the signal but not good enough. Can anyone suggest me about the
probe length and the hybridisation temp relationship. I will be glad for
all the comments.
Thanking you
Dept. biochem.