Ligation problem

Gunnaporn - Veerachato vgunnapo at MAILCITY.COM
Sat Feb 20 23:37:27 EST 1999

Dear Andrew

               I used to have the problem of the 2 adjacent restriction sites when I used pET16b. The
restriction sites are NdeI, XhoI and BamHI, respectively and I wanted to insert my PCR fragment at
 NdeI and BamHI sites. I could not ligate my PCR fragment into the vector. I solved the problem by
inserting another PCR fragment that has BamHI at both ends to extend to length between NdeI and  BamHI restriction sites in my vector. Then  I cut the vector with NdeI and BamHI. By this method I  could make sure that the vector was actually cut and I successfully ligated my PCR fragment to it.

I hope this can help you to solve your problem.

Gunnaporn  Veerachato
vgunnapo at

Get your FREE Email at