Cell Viability Methods wanted

Zhonglin Chai Zhonglin.Chai at med.monash.edu.au
Mon Feb 22 18:30:34 EST 1999

Dear Netters,

        I am looking for a method to determine cell viobility. I am working
on a novel gene, overexpressing it (using tet-off system so that I can
switch the transgene on or off) stops cell dividing. FACS showed a slight
decrease in G1 population (70% down to 60%) and increase of S and G2/M (it
is difficult to distinguish S from G2/M). Sometimes, I do see a Sub-G1
apoptotic population. I want to know if those cells that stop dividing are
dead, or still alive but arrested at somewhere of cell cycle.
        All of your suggestions and comments are welcome and will be
appreciated. Please send a copy of your reply to my email address as

zhonglin.chai at med.monash.edu.au

Yours Sincerely

ZhongLin Chai, PhD
Department of Pathology and Immunology
Monash University Medical School
Alfred Hospital
Commercial Rd, Prahran, VIC 3181, AUSTRALIA
Telephone: (61 3) 9276 2698 (lab)
           (61 3) 9276 2696 (office)
Mobile:	   0413 58 1940 or International: +61 413 58 1940
Fax:       (61 3) 9276 2731
email:     zhonglin.chai at med.monash.edu.au