One suggestion

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Mon Feb 22 05:35:51 EST 1999

In article <3.0.32.19990222152117.00685608 at www.kali.com.cn>,
wenfeng.chen at WWW.KALI.COM.CN (Wen-Feng Chen) wrote:

> Dear Netters,
> I first subscribed this mailing-list for enlarging my general knowledge
> horizon in life science. While after several months, I find that I
> encountered some problem. Some guys raise their question with some
> abbreviation words I have never met elsewhere and the answer can not
> give me any hint either. I have to skip the discussion. I think this
> is also the problem of most others, isn't it?
> Would you, when raising your question, please give the full words when
> you think the abbreviation is strange for most others? Thank you!
> Sincerely,
> Wen-Feng

I agree that molecular biology is sinking under a mass
of (usually unneeded) abbereviations and acronyms.
However, such abbreviations come in handy when
typing a note for a newsgroup.  Please feel free to
ask if ever an abbreviation has come between you and
understanding.  This being said, a quick scan of the
net using a general search engine will often enlighten.
Consider this as all part of enlarging your horizon.
     Its not a conspiracy - we're just lazy...
          Bernard
--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD