DNA Purification problems

tfitzwater at NEXSTAR.COM tfitzwater at NEXSTAR.COM
Mon Feb 22 20:41:14 EST 1999

--0__=O8s9MOAoVYSoAuMA26zooWrgu1qmliDvWkwbeFfqBxyL594v2A3cdytx

A quick trick that has worked for preparing restriction-competent fungal DNA
preps may be worth trying.
In a microfuge tube, combine the DNA with 200 ul of cesium chloride and ethidium
 bromide
following the standard cesium gradient recipe.  Skip the trip through the
ultracentrifuge.
Simply extract the mixture with butanol and ethanol precipitate.

Tim Fitzwater
NeXstar Pharmaceuticals

"Frank Jan
--0__=O8s9MOAoVYSoAuMA26zooWrgu1qmliDvWkwbeFfqBxyL594v2A3cdytx

=DFen" <janssenf at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote

I am working with marine invertebrates and I have problems with
purification of the DNA. The major problem is that I cannot cut the DNA=

with restriction enzymes after purification. I used different protocoll=
from different companies. Has anyone an idea what I can do?
Frank
=

--0__=O8s9MOAoVYSoAuMA26zooWrgu1qmliDvWkwbeFfqBxyL594v2A3cdytx--