Digestion Problems

Tom Hanson hanson.91 at osu.edu
Tue Feb 23 11:08:54 EST 1999

My guess, and mind you it is just that, is that you are carrying over salt
or organics from the precipitation or extraction which is inhibiting the
second digest.  My suggestion would be to do a heat inactivation of the KpnI
followed by adjustment of buffer conditions and then the Eco digest.
Alternatively you might be able to find buffer conditions where both enzymes
are active and do both at the same time.  If you can't find such a condition
make sure that you are using a goodly volume of 70% EtOH after the precip. to
wash the pellet and that you vacuum dry to remove any organic carry-over.

Tom