spinning bugs (was re: pGEX Protein EXpression HELP with Method)

Richard P. Grant r_grant at see.sig.for.address
Mon Jan 18 03:18:48 EST 1999

In article <369EC503.5080 at REMOVETHISmolsci.csiro.au>,
David.Tucker at REMOVETHISmolsci.csiro.au wrote:

>Richard P. Grant wrote:
>>
>> In article <E100mG6-0000le-00 at mailhost.rpms.ac.uk>, mjones at rpms.ac.uk ("Dr
>> Mick Jones") wrote:
>>
>> >Transfer 1.5 ml of the cultures to microfuge tubes, spin for 3 minutes and
>>
>> Far too long.  1 minute max at 13k x g.

<snip>

>ligations recently and was wondering - in light of the above - whether
>perhaps this spin was too harsh on the bugs?

heh, I only think 3 minutes is too long because it's (a) three times
longer than really necessary, and (b) makes the bugs more difficult to
resuspend.  Doon't know anything about any damage to them :)

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil     |             rgrant at cmtech.co.uk
Senior R&D Scientist          |             work: www.cmtech.co.uk
Cambridge Molecular           |      home: www.avnet.co.uk/adastra
When MS created NT, how did they get an infinite number of monkeys?