spinning bugs (was re: pGEX Protein EXpression HELP with Method)

Chen Ho An chen at bsm.bioc.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 19 17:46:29 EST 1999

Chris Boyd (chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk) wrote:
: Richard P. Grant (r_grant at see.sig.for.address) wrote:
: : In article <369EC503.5080 at REMOVETHISmolsci.csiro.au>,
: : David.Tucker at REMOVETHISmolsci.csiro.au wrote:

: : >Richard P. Grant wrote:
: : >>
: : >> In article <E100mG6-0000le-00 at mailhost.rpms.ac.uk>, mjones at rpms.ac.uk
("Dr
: : >> Mick Jones") wrote:
: : >>
: : >> >Transfer 1.5 ml of the cultures to microfuge tubes, spin for 3 minutes and
: : >>
: : >> Far too long.  1 minute max at 13k x g.

: Can I play?  Far too long.  Try 20 s at 13k x g, using
: the pulse button.

Still too long.  I don't spin at all.  Just dry your plate beforehand and
you don't need to reduce the volume.  A suitably dried plate can soak up 1
ml of media without problem.