southern rehybridisation trouble

Edith Duerbaum Edith.Duerbaum at post.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jan 21 15:04:06 EST 1999

Dear All,

I have a problem:

Today I rehybridised three older membranes (6 months-1 year) that I had
stored in paper (the nice sheets that come with Kodak films) but with no
other precautions. The cupboard contains no chemicals except
mercaptoethanol-solution, just glassware.
Two membranes appear to be free of DNA, one gave very faint signals.

What can be the cause? Is it the storage at ambient humidity etc, the
mercaptoethanol-solution or ....? All the membranes worked fine when I
hybridised and rehybridised them first ....

Please give me our ideas.

Thanks,