internal translation termination

CSC un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Thu Jul 8 03:32:03 EST 1999

On 7 Jul 1999, Glover Martin wrote:

> blight <hacheyj at em.agr.ca> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > Upon sequencing a cDNA, I've encountered an internal translation
> > termination codon.
> > This splits the coding region into 2 orfs.
> > Any chance that the translation machinery skips internal termination
> > signals?
>
> Short answer: yes.
> What is the termination codon?  And is your protein bacterial or
> eukaryotic?

To me the simpler explanation that you are dealing with either a PCR or
sequencing error is more attractive. Can you exclude this ?

Kind regards,

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara, PhD

* For HUSAR, W2H & GCG visit:          http://genome.dkfz-heidelberg.de *
* German             German Cancer Research Center DKFZ        European *
* EMBnet             Dept. Molecular Biophysics (H0200)            Data *
* node               INF 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany        Resource *
* - Genius -          phone ++49 6221-4223-42 fax -33           - EDR - *