Additive to prevent UV damage to DNA?

Bruno Cenni cenni at cellbio.unige.ch
Thu Jul 8 07:51:01 EST 1999

You can avoid UV light altogether by using a light-box (a commercial one is
Dark Reader from Clare Chemical Research, UK, but a piece of blue plexi is
enough) that makes plain blue light and looking at the gel through an orange
filter (the usual one for coomassie etc.). Otherwise there are small
handheld UV lamps with lower output.

Bruno