Nuclear extracts-Controls

Martin Offterdinger a8803349.nospam at unet.univie.ac.at
Fri Jul 30 04:34:55 EST 1999

Hi!
 I am looking for a way of controlling the purity of nuclear and
cytoplasmic extracts that I prepare. I think of using an exclusively
nuclear protein and an exclusively cytoplasmic protein as markers of
cross-contamination of the two fractions. So I ask for suggestions
about suited (human) proteins that can be used for either purpose
(maybe DNA polymerase I, RNApolymerase etc.. ???). As I would like to
do Westerns I would also need antibodies that are commercially
available and work in WB.
Any suggestions about suited proteins and antibodies are welcome!
Thank you.
martin
Martin Offterdinger
Internal Med.I,Dept. Oncology