GROWTH in minimal MEDIA (M9)

F. Ferreira slxb at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 1 11:52:27 EST 1999

Hi, I have been growing an E.coli strain (SG935-protease deficient) in
minimal media (M9) in a 1 liter shake flask for more than 150 hours.  The
bacteria reached stationary phase after approx. 15 hours (growth at 32 C).
however, surprisingly, they seem to have remained in stationary for several
days now.  Furthermore, SDS-PAGE analysis of a protein which we expect to
be overproduced in this type of media is still observed after at least 75
hours with no significant dergradation.  Does this growth profile seem
nortmal? Please post any comments or E-mail me at slxb at hotmail.com if
anyone has observed a similar behaviour before...  Thanks in adv. Francisco