RT-PCR troubleshooting

Wangxue Chen w.chen at clear.net.nz
Wed Jun 2 17:59:21 EST 1999

I am not an expert in RT-PCR.  In our hands, one-step RT-PCR appears to
require more precise conditions than traditional RT and PCR, which are
more robust.  My suggestion is that you may want to try it using
traditional two step RT-PCR first to ensure you get the mRNA in your
sample and the optimal condition.  The two-step will alllow you more
easily to dissect where the problem is (i.e. in RT or in PCR).

Good luck.

Wangxue