Basic Subcloning Question

Nicolas Lemee Lemee at ibm.net
Sat Jun 5 12:35:02 EST 1999

"David L. Haviland, Ph.D." wrote:

> With exception of this...(snip)

I too agree with you. My remark was aimed at the cost of buying comp. cells vs
the cost of  qiagen (and the like) kits to do simple minipreps (midi/maxi
excluded). Given the choice, I would choose comp. cells without hesitation. I
am also using simple heat shock, not electroporation. Again at 135$ a bag of
Biorad cuvettes (not to mention the electroporator itself), I'd rather do heat
shock and buy top quality cells. My opinion of course, but hey ! who am I
anyway ?

--
Nicolas