probe stripping

Malay curiouser at ccmb.ap.nic.in
Sun Jun 6 12:42:29 EST 1999

I actually removed probes ( both large as well as oligomers ) from dried
membranes. Just boil around 250 ml 0.5% SDS in a microwave and pour it on
top of the band directly. Repeat if required. In this way I successfully
stripped and reuse the blot atleast 3 times, even from dried nylon
membranes.

Malay

Malay Kumar Basu
Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology
Hyderabad 500007
I N D I A

Fax: (00-91)40-7171195
Phone: (00-91)40-7172241