Detecting RNA

Jørgen Borrebæk jorgen.borrebak at basalmed.uio.no
Mon Jun 7 08:43:17 EST 1999

Hi!

The high absorbance you observe might just as well be caused by
polysaccarides (or even proteoglycans). This is a common problem when
doing phenol extractions of total RNA (the Trizol reagent is a phenol
mixture isn't it?)

You might be interested in reading:

Meltzer, J.S. et.al in "Biotechniques Vol. 8 nr. 2 pg. 148-149"

Regards, Jorgen.