Want to buy a PCR-Machine

John R. McQuiston zje8 at cdc.gov
Tue Jun 8 08:33:14 EST 1999

I've used the Biometra and the Epp. Mastercycler, as well as the Idaho
Rapidcycler, Hybaid's personal T-cycler and it's 3 block one, PE/ABI 9600 and
MJR PTC 200.  The Eppendorf is very good and worth the extra money.  We use MJR
PTC 200's for most of the PCR, but the gradient block of the Mastercycler is
very nice for optimizing your reactions.  If you were going to have one
T-cycler for everything I would go with the Eppendorf.  I didn't like the
Biometra because it isn't very user friendly to program and the tubes we were
using didn't fit well.

John R. McQuiston

In article <375CE8FE.13A8D784 at pan.zoo.uni-jena.de>,
junghans at PAN.ZOO.UNI-JENA.DE says...