PCR Primer Design Tools Review

stewartl at alkami.com stewartl at alkami.com
Tue Jun 8 20:04:31 EST 1999

This month in Alkami PCR Reviews, Lance Larka talks about free online
primer design software. Featured in June are DOPE2, DoPrimer, NetPrimer,
and Oligos-U-Like/Primers3.
His article is at: http://www.alkami.com/reviews/rvwdsgn3.htm
Our current list of primer tool links and brief descriptions that we
have at http://www.alkami.com/primers/refdsgn.htm includes:
        * CODEHOP
        * DOPE2
        * DoPrimer
        * The GPRIME Package
        * NetPrimer
        * Oligos-U-Like
        * Primer Design
        * Primer3
        * Primers!
        * Primers! Lite
        * Primer Selection
        * STS Pipeline v1.2
        * The Primer Generator
        * Web Primer (Stanford)
        * Web Primers
        * WWW GeneFisher
        * xprimer

Other primer design resources are listed at

The Alkami Biosystems site, http://www.alkami.com, is a comprehensive
resource for the polymerase chain reaction. We have online references
that include primer design tips and tools, reagent concentrations,
polymerase characteristics, PCR methods, and temperature calculations.
In addition, you will find regular reviews of PCR issues, employment
resources for the biologist, as well as special FREE lab supply offers.
Thanks for your interest.
Simplified Solutions for Complex Questions (tm)
info at alkami.com      http://www.alkami.com
P.O. Box 11216        Berkeley CA 94712 USA