10X LB?

Dan Johnson johnsoad at wfu.edu
Wed Jun 9 07:50:19 EST 1999

No problem.  We have done this once or twice.  However, we also have
found that you can store 10X LB at room temperature, un-autoclaved, by
mixing it thoroughly with about 5% chloroform.  This chemically
sterilizes the LB, and it sinks quickly to the bottom.  The LB on top
can then be mixed with water to make small batches for plates, etc.,
and autoclaved as usual.  Any residual chloroform is driven off by the
autoclave's heat.