AFLP problems

inderpal singh ips98 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 10 11:13:24 EST 1999

Dear Netizens,
    I am encountering a problem while trying to isolate an AFLP band of size
~250bp from the AFLP ladder i generate in a 12% acrylamide gel. The problem
is when i excise the band, perform a re-pcr and load it again to check, i
see, alongwith my desired band, a couple of bands greater and smaller than
it, that have presumably got amplified.     This happens even when i cut a
tiny area of the desired band to eliminate contaminating bands.
   Please tell how to get rid of the undesired bands so that i can clone the
band of my interest.
Thanks in advance,

Get Your Private, Free Email at