RNA polymerase ability

Neal Robert Melvin nrmelvin at ucalgary.ca
Thu Jun 10 16:36:23 EST 1999

We are trying to transcribe RNA from a cDNA template that is 2800 base
pairs long... will a typical RNA polymerase (e.g., a T3 or T7,
commercially available) be able to faithfully make a sequence this long,
or do RNA polymerases have a much more limited capability... does anyone
know of an RNA polymerase that can handle this??

Please respond to this email address, as I don't always have access to
this newsgroup. Thanks in advance.

Neal Melvin
University of Calgary - Faculty of Medicine
Department of Neuroscience - Neuroscience Research Group (NRG)
Health Sciences Centre
3330 Hospital Drive, NW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
T2N 4N1