Corex Tubes???

Nick Theodorakis theodorn at gusun.georgetown.edu
Thu Jun 10 17:50:00 EST 1999

In article <
3.0.16.19990609124221.35d79a9c at mail.student.uni
melb.edu.au>,
  s.currie at surgeryrmh.unimelb.edu.au (Scott Currie)
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I may be a bit behind the times but after breaking my Corex tubes, I
> discovered they are no longer being manufactured. Is this true? But more
> importantly, is there a substitute for these tubes on the market that will
> do the job for RNA precipitation.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Scott
> Scott A. Currie
> University of Melbourne
> Department of Surgery
> Western Hospital
> Footscray, Vic. 3011
> Australia
>
> Tel: 61-3-9319
> Fax: 61-3-9317
>
> Email: s.currie at surgeryrmh.unimelb.edu.au

As far as I can tell, they are not being made any more.
I've adapted most of my "Corex" procedures either by
reducing the volume (e.g., isolating RNA from one
60-100 mm plate of cells, I use 0.5-1 ml of GITC
lysis solution, and use 1.5 ml or 2 ml Eppendorf
tubes) or by using disposable plastic (polypropylene,
not poystyrene) conical 15 ml tubes, and spinning
slower and for longer time.

___
| Nick Theodorakis                              |
| theodorn at gusun.georgetown.edu                 |

___|

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/