Problems with SacI

Nicolas Lemee Lemee at ibm.net
Fri Jun 11 09:49:35 EST 1999

Sounds to me that either the RE is near dead or the DNA is dirty (or not
what you think it is). Regarding the double digest, if you dump too much
REs, then you get too much glycerol in the final volume which is not good
(most RE are in 50% glycerol, or something like that, 5% final is nearing
the upper limit). SacI is a common RE, it should work.
Hope you get the situation resolved.

--
Nicolas