protein MW

Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at NMSU.EDU
Fri Jun 11 10:50:43 EST 1999

At 01:11 PM 6/10/99 -0700, Jun Zhang wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I would like to know the MW of a 788aa protein. Could anyone tell me how
>to calculate the MW if I know the sequence?
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Mark

You can visit any of the number of web sites or use programs like PCGENE (or
OMIGA) for that.
If you have one of those MolBio product catalogs, eg., NEB, you can look it
up from the appendices that have approximate values for such things.
Example: 334 amino acids sould have an approx. mol. mass of 37kDa

Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
GENE LAB/ EPPWS
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003