Corex Tubes???

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Fri Jun 11 18:14:37 EST 1999

In article <3.0.16.19990609124221.35d79a9c at mail.student.unimelb.edu.au>,
s.currie at surgeryrmh.unimelb.edu.au (Scott Currie) wrote:

> I may be a bit behind the times but after breaking my Corex tubes, I
> discovered they are no longer being manufactured. Is this true? But more
> importantly, is there a substitute for these tubes on the market that will
> do the job for RNA precipitation.

I've always used disposable 15 ml Sarstedt tubes.  We keep a bag
specifically for RNA work and only remove tubes and caps with
gloves (or some people prefer forceps).  As with most lab plastics
these days they appear to be essentially RNase free.  They're fine
for phenol/chloroform and 2-propanol.  We have a small drawer full
of Corex tubes but I've never seen anyone use them.

   Bernard

--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD