Recommendations for cheaper "stratacooler" benchtop coolers?

Chris H Lindley chris at scotgate2.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 12 07:19:02 EST 1999

Hi all,

What benchtop coolers can people recommend?

I mean ones similar to Stratagene's Stratacooler range. For what
they are these seem a little expensive!

For my own personal use, I made one from a freezer pack and
a polysterene "eppendorf"  box. This works pretty well,
although I'd hate to keep enzymes in it longer than
15 mins outside of the freezer:-)

However for communal use in the lab, I'd like a good
source of some 20/30 tube racks, capable of keeping at at least
-20degC for 1 hour outside of the freezer!

Any reccomedations?

Cheers
Chris

--
ATGCTGCTAGTCGTAGCATGCTGCTTGATCGATGCGGTACGTGATGATCGTAGCTAGCTGGGCTAGTGG
¦  Chris H. Lindley                                  Yorkshire, UK  ¦