source of dNTPs for PCR

Richard P. Grant r_grant at see.sig.for.address
Wed Jun 16 10:25:02 EST 1999

In article <2CCB6CA5A8A5D211AFD700A0240AFD6C01D91359 at MCDC-US-NEWS>,
zje8 at cdc.gov (John R. McQuiston) wrote:

>I've had good luck with Life Tech.'s (BRL) dNTP's in the past.  Now we use AP
>biotech's PCR beads though.  Promega has had some problems with their dNTP's a
>couple of years ago. I don't know if they ever got it straightened out.

Just my 2 pence:  we use the Roche premixed ones, they may be pricy but
very convenient and go a long way (especially if used at 50 uM instead of
200 uM).  Have used Pharmacia in a past life with no problems.

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil     |             rgrant at cmtech.co.uk
work: www.cmtech.co.uk        |      home: www.avnet.co.uk/adastra
                 -- In Ventum Faciens Aquam --