Cloning nomenclature

CSC un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Thu Jun 17 03:53:04 EST 1999

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Frank O. Fackelmayer wrote:

> Hi Bill,
> There is no convention for naming clones. Everyone chooses a name (s)he likes. The
> only thing that is usually accepted is a "p" as the first letter of a plasmid
> name.

For plasmids name, try to circumvent vip (very important
plasmid/phage/product/...), pis, pus or pnis. Although funny, there must
be thousands around. My favorite still is the plasmid series GKW... God
Knows What.

clemens

------------------ Clemens Suter-Crazzolara, PhD  --------------------
                 German Cancer Research Center DKFZ