SDS-PAGE and guanidine....

L.D. lnd at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 17 10:40:16 EST 1999

"S. Findley" wrote:

> Can you exchange the Guanidine for Urea using Those Amicon
> Microconcentrators? (or something similar)
> --
> Seth D. Findley               polliwog at u.washington.edu
> Department of Biochemistry    Phone: 206-543-1710
> Health Sciences Building J579
> University of Washington, Box 357350, Seattle, WA 98195

That's realy good idea and works perfectly. Use green centricone tubes
(Amicon) and centrifuge your sample with shared new buffer, at 500-100
rpm (Sorval, HB-4). It takes time, but you can get your sample not only
washed from Guan..  but also concentrated.  I use this way to
concentrate protein(s) el.eluted from SDS-PAGE. Sometimes I even use
those tubes for el.elution, set directly into rod PAGE equipment.

Levan Darjania, Ph.D.
UT @ Austin