hi..plasmid curing

juamber at my-deja.com juamber at my-deja.com
Fri Jun 18 05:51:54 EST 1999

In article <006401beb95a$5bba8c20$8c01a8c0 at VS_lab.tn.nic.in>,
  jakku at mrna.tn.nic.in ("R. Jayakumar") wrote:
> HI friends
>     I need some urgent help on this.  Can anyone suggest a good
plasmid
> curing technique.  I would like to know particularly about the
technique
> that uses ethidium bromide and heat shock.

Two references:

Lin and Kado. 1977. Studies on Agrobacterium tumefaciens. VII.
Avirulence induced by temperature and ethidium bromide. Can J
Microbiol 23:1554-1561

Hynes et al. 1989. Direct selection for curing and deletion of Rhizobium
plasmids using transposons carrying directed, unmarked mutations in Gram
-negative bacteria by marker exchange-eviction mutagenesis. Gene
57:239-246

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/