phiX174

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 09:44:26 EST 1999

Hi Folks,

Is anyone currently playing with phiX174 or have done so in that past?
I'm trying to find out what no. of phage are released per infected cell.

I'm using the am3 cs70 phage with the appropriate E.coli C suppressor
and non-suppressor hosts and am not sure what titre I should get.

I'm getting roughly 10E11 phage in total from a 100ml suppressor culture
but from hand-written notes I have from elsewhere, that seems low.

Revertant phage (i.e. to wild type) are at least 10E6 down on the
mutant.

Many thanks

Duncan

sliced from time to time....