DNA quantification

Austin So (Hae Jin) haejin at netinfo.ubc.caX
Thu Jun 17 11:33:12 EST 1999

It may work for these ladders...but you have to get an idea of how these ladders
were contructed so that you could be definite in the quantity of DNA in a given
band.

In a lot of these ladders, they do not actually know the distribution of mass in
each band, only the total mass, so that you can't estimate it. It's different if you
were to use HindIII cut lambda or HaeIII cut PhiX174 where the mass distribution
would be known.

Cheers

Austin

--