Recommendations for cheaper "stratacooler" benchtop coolers?

Chris H Lindley chris at
Sat Jun 19 10:08:02 EST 1999

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:12:00 GMT, klenchin at facstaff. wrote:
>:In article <7kdn1p$16rc$7 at>,
>:klenchin at (Dima Klenchin) wrote:
>:>Every lab has heating aluminum block sitting somewhere unused.
>:>Place it at -20C and that's it. Not as convenient to handle but
>:>the result is the same.
>:You've checked the warming curve of these blocks, then?  IAMFI.
>No, I did not. I just stuck termometer into it, and it kept below zero
>for one hour. Good enough for me.

I take it you put a lot of insulating material around it? I'd
have thought exposed directly to RT, that they would heat up fairly

BTW I'd hate to touch one of these with bare skin, Ouch!!

¦  Chris H. Lindley                                  Yorkshire, UK  ¦
¦  chris at     Ferg on #os/2 and #os2uk, EFnet  ¦
¦  WarpUK:UK OS/2 Users group           ¦
¦  Molecular Biology & OS/2       ¦