Long PCR Primer Behavior

Michael E. Zwick mez4 at po.cwru.edu
Mon Jun 21 14:08:02 EST 1999

Hello,
   Does anyone have any good references for long PCR primers (roughly
30-35bp long) and how they behave in solution, form dimers etc.  I have
picked primers to avoid dimer behavior, but have noticed some unusual (but
very repeatable with different sets of primers) in my long PCR reactions.
I am checking my primers with some different primer picking programs, but
wonder if there is any useful info out there that might aid in
troubleshooting some of these reactions. Thanks.

Mike

--
Michael E. Zwick, Ph.D
Department of Genetics, Rm. BRB 721