Long PCR Primer Behavior

Michael E. Zwick mez4 at po.cwru.edu
Mon Jun 21 14:08:02 EST 1999

   Does anyone have any good references for long PCR primers (roughly
30-35bp long) and how they behave in solution, form dimers etc.  I have
picked primers to avoid dimer behavior, but have noticed some unusual (but
very repeatable with different sets of primers) in my long PCR reactions.
I am checking my primers with some different primer picking programs, but
wonder if there is any useful info out there that might aid in
troubleshooting some of these reactions. Thanks.

Michael E. Zwick, Ph.D
Department of Genetics, Rm. BRB 721
Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH 44106-4955